The 'DROPi' hanging chair has been designed by Erla Dogg Ingjaldsdottir and Tryggvi Thorsteinsson for Minarc as a stylish seating solution that will provide a person with a dramatic spot to rest and unwind. The chair is achieved using a curved seat made with molded metal and is covered in a cozy fabric that works to drastically enhance its relaxing feel. The chair features a water droplet-inspired aesthetic that will dramatically hang from the ceiling, which will enable it to move and shift for a customized experience.
The 'DROPi' hanging chair is constructed with a powder-coated alloy for the mounting hardware to ensure a sturdy design. The chair is a winner at the Good Design Awards 2021 and the SIT Furniture Design Award 2021.
Image Credit: Minarc
The 'DROPi' Hanging Chair Offers a Dramatic Spot to Sit
1. Water-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture pieces inspired by elements of nature like water droplets creates opportunities for innovative and unique designs that can enhance a person's comfort and relaxation.
2. Customizable Seating - Creating seats that can move and shift for a customized experience can provide a unique relaxing experience, and allows for an opportunity to introduce technology-enabled personalization as well.
3. Aesthetic-focused Seating - Focusing on the aesthetics of chairs rather than just their functional use can lead to innovative designs that not only add value to a space but can be used as a conversation starter too.
1. Furniture Design - Creating unique and modern furniture pieces that boast both form and function can help designers to stand out in a competitive market.
2. Interior Design - By incorporating dramatic and visually stimulating furniture pieces, interior designers can create conversation pieces that draw the eye and add interest to a space.
3. Hospitality Industry - By introducing unique and relaxing seating options, such as the 'DROPi' hanging chair, the hospitality industry can create a memorable and distinct experience for guests.