Getting sponsored to drive a NASCAR is a hard feat, but driver Josh Wise got his dream when 'Reddit' users raised thousands of dollars to sponsor him. With the help of the forum website 'Reddit' and the 'Bitcoin' type website 'Dogecoin' Josh Wise became sponsored.
It is not very hard anymore to raise money for projects. With the creation of websites like 'Kickstarter' and 'Bitcoin' raising money is an easy task. All it takes to raise money is to have a dream and be convincing enough to have people fund you. The NASCAR driver Josh Wise got lucky when a Reddit user saw that Wise was still without a sponsor and suggested using 'Dogecoin' to have people help sponsor his car. Once the dust cleared from the pits, Josh Wise was a crowd-sponsored driver and was ready to start his engines for the NASCAR season.
The NASCAR Driver Josh Wise Gets Sponsored by Reddit Users
1. Crowd-funding - The trend of crowd-funding enables individuals to raise money for their projects by persuading people to fund them, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities for traditional fundraising methods.
2. Online Fundraising - The rise of online fundraising platforms like Kickstarter and Bitcoin provides a convenient and accessible way for individuals to raise money, disrupting traditional fundraising models.
3. Crowd-sourced Sponsorship - The concept of crowd-sourced sponsorship allows individuals to secure sponsorship for their endeavors by leveraging the power of online communities, disrupting traditional sponsorship methods.
1. Sports - The sports industry could benefit from crowd-funded sponsorships as athletes and teams can tap into the support and resources of their fans to secure financial support and exposure.
2. Technology - The technology industry has seen disruptive innovation opportunities with the emergence of online fundraising platforms like Kickstarter and Bitcoin, providing alternative means for raising capital for innovative projects.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry could explore crowd-sourced sponsorship as a new way for brands to engage with their audience and support projects or athletes aligned with their values, disrupting traditional sponsorship strategies.