In a very unusual pairing of brands, 125 year old soft drink company Dr Pepper has teamed up with the current members of Kiss and purchased a 30 second time slot during Super Bowl XLIV. The Dr Pepper Super Bowl Ad will feature none other than Heavy Metal gods Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. The announcement was made on the NYSE trading floor.
Apparently this odd co-branding is a “Dr Pepper / Dr Love” thing. Part of the plan includes social media tactics on DrPepper.com, Facebook and Twitter. Watch the video featuring Dr. Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry Young talking about the Dr Pepper Super Bowl XLIV Ad with Kiss in full metal garb.
Kiss & Dr. Pepper Super Bowl XLIV Ad
1. Brand Collaboration - The trend for brands to collaborate in unusual pairings, such as Dr Pepper and Kiss, is disrupting traditional marketing strategies and offers opportunities for more creative and unique campaigns.
2. Social Media Marketing - The use of social media tactics by Dr Pepper, including Facebook and Twitter, as part of their promotional campaign for the Super Bowl Ad with Kiss highlights the importance of including social media marketing in traditional advertising strategies.
3. Celebrity Endorsements - The use of rock stars such as Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of Kiss to promote Dr Pepper during Super Bowl XLIV shows a trend towards using unconventional celebrity endorsements, which offers opportunities for creative and unexpected campaigns.
1. Beverage Industry - The collaboration between Dr Pepper and Kiss for their Super Bowl XLIV Ad highlights opportunities for companies within the beverage industry to expand their marketing strategies by collaborating with unexpected brands for unique campaigns.
2. Advertising Industry - The use of unconventional marketing strategies by Dr Pepper and Kiss demonstrates a trend within the advertising industry towards more creative and unique campaigns that disrupt traditional advertising methods.
3. Entertainment Industry - The use of rock stars such as Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of Kiss to promote Dr Pepper during Super Bowl XLIV highlights opportunities for companies within the entertainment industry to include celebrity endorsements in their advertising strategies.