Philadelphia-based Tiffany's Bakery launched the DOYO donuts which are steamed instead of fried. The proprietary cooking process makes these sweet treats more health-conscious with up to 25% fewer calories and 50% less fat, producing a lighter, cleaner taste. The DOYO donuts–pronounced dough-yo–are steamed in an oven, offering them an easy-to-eat, moist texture. Tiffany Bakery's owner, Frank Pantazopolous, commented, "You can put the DOYO up against any other cake donut, and you'll find that it's more luscious, more flavorful, and more satisfying."
The DOYO donuts will be available starting on June 4th, 2021. The donuts come in single, half dozen, and dozen quantities and numerous flavors such as vanilla, red velvet, chocolate, cinnamon sugar, maple bacon, lemon poppy, and more. The first 200 customers on the release date will receive a free DOYO donut.
Image Credit: DOYO Donuts
Tiffany's Bakery Launched the DOYO Donuts Which are Steamed Not Fried
1. Steamed Desserts - The trend of steaming desserts as a healthier alternative to frying provides an opportunity for innovative cooking techniques and equipment development.
2. Lower-calorie Treats - The trend of lower-calorie treats is driving demand for healthier options, creating opportunities for health food manufacturers to create alternatives with fewer calories or added nutrients.
3. Unique Baking Methods - The trend of experimenting with unique baking methods offers opportunities to develop new and healthier ways of creating popular desserts.
1. Bakery - The bakery industry has an opportunity to tap into the trend of steaming desserts as a healthier alternative and creating unique methods of baking.
2. Health Food - The health food industry has an opportunity to create lower-calorie treat alternatives to meet the growing demand from consumers looking for healthier options.
3. Restaurant - The restaurant industry can innovate by incorporating steamed or unique baking method desserts to their menus, appealing to health-conscious customers.