The careers of runway models may be challenged by robots, as shown by the Dolce & Gabbana drone display that made its debut at Milan Fashion Week. While the drones were not draped in any apparel, they did flow along the runway toting the latest range of quilted leather handbags from Dolce & Gabbana's Fall/Winter collection. The seven quadcopters flew along the runway with no issues and made quite an impression on the audience, as members quickly cheered and filmed the experience.
Prior to the release of the Dolce & Gabbana drone display, the event organizers requested that audience members turn off WiFi to reduce the chance of drone interference. The drones were accompanied down the runway by technicians, but thankfully they were not necessary as the event went off without a hitch.
Image Credit: Venturelli, WireImage, Getty Images
The Dolce & Gabbana Drone Display Shows a Unique Use of Tech in Fashion
1. Drone-integrated Fashion Shows - The Dolce & Gabbana runway show using drones to carry handbags presents an opportunity to explore how drones can be integrated with fashion shows.
2. Robot Models - The emergence of drones in the Dolce & Gabbana runway show prompts fashion companies to explore using robots as runway models.
3. Fashion Tech Integration - The Dolce & Gabbana drone display demonstrates the potential for technology to enhance the fashion industry through innovation and creativity.
1. Fashion - The Dolce & Gabbana runway show suggests an opportunity for the fashion industry to integrate drones and other technologies into their shows.
2. Drone Manufacturing - The usage of drones in fashion shows could be an emerging market for drone manufacturers.
3. Event Planning - The use of drones in high-profile runway events could open up new possibilities for event planners and production companies.