With many consumers still opting for takeout and meal kits instead of dining in restaurants, Shake Shack has begun offering new DIY Sundae Kits. The at-home dessert kits join the current DIY Shackburger Kit, which contains all the ingredients needed to make eight Shackburgers at home.
Shake Shack's new DIY Sundae Kits are currently being sold at locations in Southern California for $24.99 each. Each kit includes a pint of vanilla frozen custard and a pint of chocolate custard. Customers can then top their custard with a medley of different toppings, such as sugar cones, fudge sauce, strawberry sauce, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate cookie crumbs. The kit even includes a whole spray can of whipped cream.
Image Credit: Shake Shack.
Shake Shack Selling DIY Sundae Kits in Southern California
1. DIY Food Kits - The trend of at-home meal and dessert kits continues to rise as consumers prefer takeout over dining in restaurants.
2. Personalized/customized Food Options - The trend of DIY Sundae Kits indicates a desire for consumers to personalize and customize their food options.
3. At-home Dessert Experiences - The trend of at-home dessert experiences opens up opportunities for brands in the dessert industry to create new products and experiences that can be enjoyed at home.
1. Food and Beverage Retail - Retail businesses in the food and beverage industry can take advantage of the DIY food kit trend to offer customized food options and food experiences to customers.
2. Hospitality and Tourism - Hospitality and tourism businesses can create unique at-home experiences, such as DIY dessert kits, to cater to customers' desire for at-home entertainment.
3. E-commerce - The rise in demand for at-home food experiences creates opportunities for e-commerce businesses in the food industry to provide personalized and convenient food options to consumers.