If you were looking for some crafty and natural-looking ways to decorate your space, this DIY dreamcatcher project is the way to go. From Free People, these instructions result in a boho-chic triangular driftwood dreamcatcher complete with crystals and other embellishments.
In addition to three pieces of driftwood (or any type of wood, really), you will need recycled fisherman's netting, natural (potentially tea-stained) cotton string, optional accessories (like crystals, feathers, bells), jute or hemp. You will also need scissors and hot glue, not to mention a place to hang your new creation. The DIY dreamcatcher is fairly simple to make but does take some time.
Whether you choose to hang it over your bed like a traditional dreamcatcher, as a statement piece on the wall or as an outdoor decoration you can't go wrong.
This Crystal-Carrying DIY Dreamcatcher Comes From Free People
1. DIY Home Decor - This trend highlights the appeal of creating custom home decor with natural materials and personal touches, providing opportunities for businesses to offer supplies and workshops for these projects.
2. Boho-chic Style - This trend emphasizes the popularity of eclectic and natural aesthetics, presenting opportunities for businesses to feature these designs in their products and branding.
3. Upcycling and Sustainability - This trend showcases the value of repurposing materials and reducing waste in creative projects, allowing businesses to incorporate sustainability into their offerings.
1. Craft and Hobby Supplies - This industry can benefit from the growing interest in DIY home decor projects and the demand for unique materials that align with boho-chic and sustainable aesthetics.
2. Home Decor Retail - This industry can capitalize on the popularity of boho-chic style and offer decor items that align with the trend, as well as provide resources for customers to create their own unique pieces.
3. Sustainability and Eco-friendly Products - This industry can align with the upcycling and sustainability trend by developing and promoting products made from repurposed or eco-friendly materials for use in DIY home decor projects.