Ikea’s upcoming ‘Dirigera’ hub is a Thread Border Router that enables consumers to use Thread on Thread-enabled devices and comes with new software and an app. The ‘Dirigera’ hub stands 2.7cm high with an 11.2cm diameter and includes an Ethernet port and USB-C power jack.
The hub is being advertised as Matter-ready, meaning it will have support for converging between major Smart Home products to create one wireless protocol, connecting all IoT devices and networks within a home. Matter has not received an official certification yet, but the first round of Matter-certified devices is expected to be released later. Once certified, the ‘Dirigera’ hub and Home Smart app will support all of Ikea’s existing home products and Matter-certified products from other companies.
“Matter is enabling us to create a more seamless experience for our customers and will strengthen the interoperability in smart homes and between smart products,” says Ikea business leader Rebecca Töreman.
Ikea's 'Dirigera' Hub Has Been Officially Announced with Matter Support
1. Thread-enabled Devices - Manufacturers of Thread-enabled devices may take advantage of Ikea's 'Dirigera' hub and its new software to make their products more compatible with other IoT products.
2. Matter Certification - Developers who create products that are Matter-certified may have a competitive advantage as more devices become compatible with the 'Dirigera' hub and Home Smart app.
3. Smart Home Interoperability - Companies that specialize in creating smart home ecosystems may streamline their product offerings and improve customer experiences by integrating their devices with the 'Dirigera' hub and Matter protocol.
1. Smart Home Devices - Smart home device manufacturers may benefit from creating Thread-enabled, Matter-certified devices that work seamlessly with Ikea's 'Dirigera' hub and home products.
2. Iot Networking - IoT Networking companies may find opportunities to collaborate with Ikea, Thread, and Matter to improve the interoperability of Smart Home products and networks.
3. Home Automation Systems - Home automation system providers may explore incorporating Ikea's 'Dirigera' hub and Matter protocol into their existing systems or creating new solutions to take advantage of the improved interoperability between Smart Home products.