Polaroid cameras have allowed instant access to embarrassing pics for decades- changing the photography industry forever. You would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't have at least one Polaroid pic thrown in an old shoe box. But, everything changes - especially the way we preserve our photographic memories. Polaroid has already stopped making their cameras. And now, they will no longer produce their film, as well. Farewell, Polaroid. We'll miss you.
Original photo by SqueakyMarmot.
No More Polaroids
1. Instant Photography - The trend of instant photography has grown since the discontinuation of Polaroid cameras and film.
2. Vintage-inspired Products - Consumers are seeking out products that mimic the look and feel of vintage Polaroid cameras and film.
3. Digital Photography/printing - The shift towards digital photography has created new industries for online printing services.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can capitalize on the nostalgia for vintage instant photography through updated versions of Polaroid cameras.
2. Photography Equipment and Supplies - Companies in the photography industry can explore new avenues for instant printing technology to fill the void left by Polaroid.
3. Online Printing Services - Online printing services have the opportunity to grow in the digital photography age by offering printing options for the millions of digital photos taken daily.