It might be apparent how Volkswagen's Side Assist provides you with an extra pair of eyes while you're in the car, but this clever digital ad recreates the experience on a tablet. When flipping through pages on a tablet, the ad is set up to halt and split so that a motorcycle races by and appears out of nowhere. Then, the ad slowly fades to reintroduce the features of Side Assist.
By catching people off guard with a video clip in an unexpected place, this digital ad is a smart way to simulate how life-saving the Volkswagen technology can be. Although this idea is a perfect fit for Side Assist, this unconventional approach could also be used to advertise similar products that have surprising features.
Volkswagen's Creative Digital Ad Mimics a Driver's Blind Spot
1. Clever Digital Ads - Using unexpected and interactive elements in digital ads to engage and surprise viewers.
2. Simulating Real-life Experiences - Recreating real-life situations in advertisements to demonstrate the effectiveness and benefits of a product.
3. Unconventional Advertising Approaches - Exploring innovative and nontraditional methods to promote products and capture the attention of consumers.
1. Automotive - Opportunity for automotive companies to create interactive ads that showcase the safety features of their vehicles.
2. Technology - Potential for technology companies to develop digital ads that simulate real-life experiences to highlight the capabilities of their products.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for advertising agencies to explore unconventional approaches in creating unique and memorable advertisements for their clients.