The fashion brand Diesel recently made headlines for its new Diesel x About You lookbook, which stars two transgender models. While a number of brands have featured trans men and women in major campaigns, these individuals are still significantly underrepresented in mainstream media. Diesel's new campaign helps the fashion industry take a major step forward by putting trans models front and center.
The ads for the Diesel x About You collection star trans models Loiza Lamers and Benjamin Melzer. Lamers is a Dutch model who is well known for becoming the first transgender individual to win the title of Holland's Next Top Model. On the other hand, Melzer has found his own success as the first FTM model for Men's Health Germany. Both models show off their skills in the lookbook for the new Diesel collection by striking intense poses that show off the brand's beautiful new pieces.
The Diesel x About You Lookbook Features Two Transgender Models
1. Trans-inclusive Fashion - Fashion brands can work towards creating more trans-inclusive campaigns and collections to promote diversity and inclusivity.
2. Representation in Media - Brands can continue to feature underrepresented groups in their advertising campaigns to promote acceptance and tolerance.
3. Break Gender Stereotypes - Fashion brands can help break gender stereotypes and create gender-neutral clothing to provide more options for consumers.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can continue to lead the way in promoting acceptance and diversity through their advertising campaigns and collections.
2. LGBTQ+ Community - The LGBTQ+ community can benefit from increased representation in mainstream media through campaigns that celebrate and promote diversity.
3. Gender-neutral Clothing - The gender-neutral clothing industry can benefit from increased awareness and acceptance of non-binary individuals, creating more opportunities for innovation.