This Dexter lollipop DIY concept operates on the principal that the more real something is, the scarier it has the potential to be.
For those who haven't seen the show, Dexter centers around a serial killer who works as a forensic blood splatter analyst. At night, however, Dexter satisfies his blood-thirsty impulse by enacting vigilante justice on the criminals and low-lifes of Miami. Dexter keeps a slide with a single drop of blood from each victim; a token to remember them by, you could say.
The Forkable blog decided to recreate Dexter's "trophy case" for a scary Halloween treat. All you need is sugar, corn syrup, water and red food dye, and you'll be creeping out your friends and family in no time!
This Dexter Lollipop Makes a Gruesome Halloween Treat
1. Realism in Halloween Treats - DIY Halloween treats that aim to realistically replicate spooky concepts could be a popular trend in the future.
2. Pop Culture-inspired Food Items - Capitalizing on popular culture references to create food items, especially around Halloween, could be a successful trend.
3. Ghoulish Candy-making - Creating candy that capitalizes on the spooky and gruesome themes to attract customers could be a lucrative trend.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage industries could capitalize on Halloween-themed treats to increase sales and generate new product ideas.
2. Event Planning and Decor - Creating realistic Halloween decor, including spooky foods, could be a new revenue stream for event planning and decor industries.
3. Entertainment and Media - Entertainment and media industries could capitalize on their popular fictional characters and storylines by creatively making Halloween-themed food items and merchandise.