Dewshine is a new offering from Mountain Dew that presents its soda like something more of the artisan craft variety. Described as a "clear citrus-flavored dew," this drink is sweetened with real cane sugar in place of high fructose corn syrup, which has come into the spotlight as quite a nasty ingredient to be drinking. As well as doing away with a sugar replacement, the Mountain Dew drink is also free of its trademark green coloring.
Playing on the way Mountain Dew's name ties into slang for brewing moonshine alcohol, the drink is being branded with a style that references the charm of the past. Dewshine comes in packs of four clear bottles that show off the citrusy craft soda inside.
Dewshine is Now Being Offered as a Craft Version of Mountain Dew
1. Craft Citrus Sodas - Craft citrus sodas are gaining popularity as consumers seek artisanal, natural alternatives to traditional sodas.
2. Natural Sweeteners - The use of real cane sugar as a sweetener is becoming more popular as consumers become aware of the health risks associated with high fructose corn syrup.
3. Colorless Beverages - Colorless beverages are gaining traction as consumers look for products that are free from artificial dyes and additives.
1. Craft Beverage Industry - Craft citrus soda brands can capitalize on the growing demand for artisanal and natural beverages.
2. Sugar Alternative Industry - Companies producing natural sweeteners like real cane sugar have the opportunity to tap into the market of health-conscious consumers.
3. Beverage Packaging Industry - The demand for clear bottles to showcase colorless beverages like craft citrus sodas presents an opportunity for innovative packaging solutions.