As the fascination with Scandinavian design continues to captivate the rest of the world, it makes sense the HAY Mini Market experience will be making its way to more North American cities. The HAY Mini Market will pop-up in seven Nordstrom stores between January 8 and February 7, 2016 in cities that span Vancouver to Virginia.
The HAY Mini Market pop-up experience has been traveling the globe since 2014 and signals an interest on the part of consumers in one-of-a-kind, authentic merchandise that can be traced back to its designer.
The HAY Mini Market has previously popped up at the MoMA Design Store in New York City. Nordstrom has previously partnered with Etsy to feature a handful of independent sellers' merchandise in stores.
Nordstrom Will Be Featuring the HAY Mini Market in Seven Stores
1. Scandinavian Design - Opportunity for businesses to incorporate Scandinavian design elements in their products and services.
2. Authentic Merchandise - Businesses can focus on offering unique and traceable merchandise to meet the growing consumer demand for authenticity.
3. Pop-up Experiences - Opportunity for businesses to create temporary, immersive retail experiences to attract customers and generate buzz.
1. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the interest in Scandinavian design by curating products that align with this aesthetic.
2. Interior Design - Interior design businesses can incorporate Scandinavian design principles in their projects to cater to the current trend.
3. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can partner with independent designers and artisans to offer unique and authentic merchandise to their customers.