The Delta Inflight iPads are an innovative and forward-looking initiative recently implemented by the airline provider. In all, 22 iPads were given out to pilots to be tested at two specific times: before the plane takes off and when it is above 10,000 feet.
The hope is that the Delta Inflight iPads will enhance communication between the pilots and the grounds crew. What I particularly like about this is that Delta is trying to find a way to provide a better service to its customers by using an emerging platform.
Implications - The iPad and other tablet devices have captured the imagination of consumers. There exists a tremendous opportunity to create engaging content specifically for these devices. Companies ought to consider the emergence of this new platform when designing marketing campaigns.
Delta Inflight iPads Implemented to Enhance Communication
1. Tablet Innovations - The Delta Inflight iPads highlight the potential for using tablets as a communication tool in the aviation industry.
2. Improved Pilot Communication - Delta's implementation of iPads for pilots emphasizes the importance of enhancing communication in the airline industry.
3. Emerging Platforms - The Delta Inflight iPads demonstrate the need to consider emerging platforms like tablets when developing customer-centric services.
1. Aviation - The aviation industry can explore the use of tablets to improve communication between pilots and ground crews.
2. Technology - The technology industry can capitalize on the demand for tablet devices by developing innovative software and content.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry should adapt campaigns to cater to the growing usage of tablets as a primary platform for consuming content.