Pizza Hut recently added its augmented reality Deal Jacker app to the app store, specifically to put pressure on a competing pizza chain that "rhymes with shmomino’s." With the app, users are able to use their phone's camera to scan deals from Pizza Hut's rival and see them replaced with Pizza Hut Delivery deals at a better value. For instance, while a competitor might advertise two pizzas for £19.99, the Deal Jacker app can be used to secure a similar deal for just £15. In the case that the Deal Jacker app is unable to recognize a deal, Pizza Hut promises customers 50% off on orders worth £20 or more.
With augmented reality, a number of food and beverage brands are playing up longstanding rivalries by launching campaigns that, in one way or another, "destroy" the efforts of a competitor.
Pizza Hut's Deal Jacker Scans & Replaces Deals by Competitors
1. Augmented Reality Rivalry - Using augmented reality, brands are capitalizing on rivalries to create innovative campaigns that outshine their competitors.
2. Deal-replacing Apps - Apps like Pizza Hut's Deal Jacker are revolutionizing the way consumers find deals by scanning and replacing competitor offers with better value options.
3. Discounted AR Recognition - Pizza Hut's promise of 50% off orders worth £20 or more if the Deal Jacker app fails to recognize a competitor's deal highlights the potential for discount-focused disruptive innovation in the AR space.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry is leveraging augmented reality technologies to create unique campaigns that disrupt the competitive landscape and attract consumers.
2. Mobile Applications - The rise of deal-replacing apps like Pizza Hut's Deal Jacker presents opportunities for disruption and innovation in the mobile app industry, focusing on creating more convenient and value-driven experiences for consumers.
3. Retail and Delivery - The retail and delivery industry can explore the potential of augmented reality and deal-swapping apps to enhance their offerings, differentiate themselves from competitors, and attract more customers.