Candy Mechanics specializes in the creation of custom lollipops, or as it calls them, 'Lolpops.'
Making a solid chocolate lollipop in one's likeness is as simple as using a smartphone to scan a complete picture of one's face and head. From there, the company is able to make and send boxes of three Lolpops to consumers in letterbox-sized packaging for quick and easy delivery.
While one might expect that Candy Mechanics uses 3D printing technology to make its customizable sweets, it actually uses CNC machines as an alternative. The reasoning behind this is that CNC machines are designed to work with tougher materials like metal and wood, which makes it perfect for sculpting hard chocolate blocks.
Candy Mechanic's Custom Lollipops are Created with CNC Machines
1. Customizable Food - Creating personalized lollipops based on scanned images opens up opportunities for customization in the food industry.
2. Mobile Scanning Technology - The use of smartphone scanning for custom lollipop production demonstrates the potential for mobile scanning technology in various industries.
3. Alternative Manufacturing Techniques - CNC machines replacing 3D printing showcases the disruptive potential of alternative manufacturing technologies in the confectionery industry.
1. Food and Beverage - The customization capabilities of personalized portrait lollipops can be applied to other food and beverage products, revolutionizing personalized dining experiences.
2. Mobile Technology - The integration of smartphone scanning technology for custom lollipops presents opportunities for innovation in the mobile industry, such as personalized 3D scanning applications.
3. Manufacturing - The use of CNC machines instead of 3D printers in creating custom lollipops highlights the potential for disruptive innovations in the manufacturing sector, especially in the realm of food production.