To get through the holidays in a safe way while offering in-person operations, many businesses are turning to curbside services, including Outback Steakhouse's drive-up concierge service. Specifically created for holiday gift card shoppers, the experience offers a convenient way for people to pull up to a designated Gift Card Drive-Up parking spot and complete a gift card purchase.
As Danielle Vona, Outback Chief Marketing Officer, says" Outback Steakhouse created Curbside Take-Away in early 1990s and now we’ve applied that concept to gift cards just in time for the holidays."
Shopping for gift cards online is also an option but this service suits drivers who are looking to purchase physical cards while they're out of the house.
Image Credit: Outback Steakhouse
Outback Steakhouse's Curbside Service Shares Holiday Gift Cards
1. Drive-up Concierge - The trend of offering curbside services, such as drive-up concierge, is increasing in popularity during the pandemic as businesses try to provide in-person operations while promoting social distancing.
2. In-person to Digital Experience - Businesses are shifting towards the drive-up concierge services, which offer an analog service through a digital platform, to provide a secure and safe environment to their customers.
3. Contactless Transactions - As drive-up concierge services continue to grow in popularity, there is a potential for companies to incorporate innovative contactless payment options, such as mobile payments, to make the experience even more seamless for customers.
1. Restaurant - Drive-up concierge services could have disruptive innovation opportunities for restaurants looking to adapt their business models during the pandemic while still offering in-person dining or operating via take-out and delivery.
2. Retail - Retail businesses can utilize drive-up concierge services to offer a curbside pickup option that provides customers with a safe shopping experience while also promoting social distancing measures during the pandemic.
3. Hospitality - Hotels and event venues could benefit from offering drive-up concierge services that allow customers to easily access their rooms or events without having to leave their car, potentially improving the overall guest experience.