Czech food-tech start-up Mewery is committed to doing meat differently and its focus is on creating cultivated pork alternatives to challenge industrial farming and provide protein to an ever-growing population. Notably, the products made by the company target meat lovers rather than vegans or vegetarians and its real, clean pork offers an easy switch to a more sustainable way of eating. Mewery sets itself apart as the first company to develop cultivated pork on microalgae scaffolding and it aims to enter the market in 2026, based on E.U. regulatory approval for cell-based meat.
“We love meat but hate the way it’s done,” says Mewery, “That’s why we’ve decided to change that. We are a team bringing together business and science experience with one common goal – to cultivate meat without killing a single animal or harming the planet.”
Mewery Makes Cultivated Meat with a Regenerative Plant Base
1. Cultivated Meat - The rise of cultivated meat production offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for traditional meat industries to transform to a more sustainable and ethical business model.
2. Alternative Protein - The increased demand for alternative protein sources presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for industries to explore new production methods, including combining regenerative plant sources with cellular agriculture.
3. Microalgae Scaffolding - The use of microalgae scaffolding in cultivated meat production creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to explore more efficient and sustainable methods of production.
1. Meat Production - The cultivated meat industry presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for traditional meat producers to transform their businesses to meet the growing demand for sustainable and ethical meat alternatives.
2. Foodtech - The foodtech industry has a disruptive innovation opportunity to innovate towards a more sustainable model of food production, including the use of regenerative plant-based sources and cellular agriculture.
3. Cellular Agriculture - The development of cellular agriculture technology creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for a new industry of meat production, which can provide meat alternatives that are more sustainable and ethical than traditional industrial farming methods.