The CTA party train is a high-rolling option for anyone looking to host a party on one of Chicago's L trains. The Chicago Transit Authority is offering one of its trains, which houses 35 people at a time, for rental as a unique event venue starting at $1,800, with costs depending on the size and length of the event.
The CTA party trains can be chartered most times except for weekday peak hours and will boast views of the downtown core as well as the neighborhoods on the outskirts of the city.
If nothing else, the CTA party train is an interesting alternative revenue stream from the city's transit organization. It is possible that the CTA is aiming to cultivate a nostalgia for the subways of Chicago that one may associate with the infamous versions in New York City and London, both of which market branded merchandise.
The CTA Party Train is Available for Rentals in Chicago
1. Party Train Rentals - The CTA party train rental service disrupts the event venue industry by offering a unique and mobile party experience on a public transit train in Chicago.
2. Alternative Revenue Streams - The CTA's venture into party train rentals demonstrates a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for transit organizations to explore alternative ways of generating revenue.
3. Nostalgia-driven Experiences - The CTA party train taps into the growing trend of nostalgia-driven experiences, creating an opportunity for businesses in various industries to capitalize on customers' desire for unique and memorable events.
1. Event Venue - The CTA party train opens up a new avenue for the event venue industry by offering a mobile and unconventional space for parties and events.
2. Transit - The CTA's party train rental service showcases a disruptive innovation opportunity for the transit industry by exploring unconventional revenue-generating ventures.
3. Merchandise Retail - The success of the CTA's branded party train could inspire other transit organizations to expand their merchandise offerings, creating a disruptive opportunity in the retail industry.