'The Crying Room' is the name of a new webseries from PYPO, a network created by Veep director and producer Stephanie Laing.
The premise of the short mini-series is to introduce an office workplace that has a dedicated crying room, just as many have conference spaces that are essential to day-to-day operations. In total, the series is extremely short and sweet, made up of just seven one-minute episodes. In one of the first, a newcomer to the company accidentally finds The Crying Room, as well as many tearful adults inside, which results in an awkward and uncomfortable encounter.
As well as being a comment on how women are so often instructed to compartmentalize their emotions, The Crying Room is a clever reference to a British sitcom by the name of 'The Smoking Room.'
'The Crying Room' Introduces an Office with a Safe Place for Tears
1. Emotional Workplace Webseries - The trend of creating webseries that explore emotional aspects of the workplace can present opportunities for innovative storytelling and content creation.
2. Dedicated Crying Room - The trend of having dedicated spaces in the workplace for emotional release presents opportunities for design and architecture firms to create comfortable and private environments.
3. Comment on Gender and Emotions - The trend of using storytelling to comment on societal expectations around gender and emotions presents opportunities for brands to engage in meaningful conversations and challenge stereotypes.
1. Film and Entertainment - The film and entertainment industry can capitalize on the trend of emotional workplace webseries by producing relatable and engaging content that resonates with audiences.
2. Design and Architecture - The design and architecture industry can leverage the trend of dedicated crying rooms in the workplace by creating innovative and comfortable spaces that prioritize employee well-being.
3. Branding and Advertising - The branding and advertising industry can take advantage of the trend of commenting on gender and emotions by creating campaigns that promote inclusivity and challenge societal norms.