Plain Brussels sprouts may not be everyone’s favourite vegetable, but this recipe for crispy Brussels sprouts provides a way to transform an ordinary flavor into an exciting, spicy one.
In order to infuse the sprouts with as much flavor as possible, Kara Lydon’s recipe has you prepare a Thai-inspired sauce from chili peppers, garlic, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and a little bit of water. What really holds it all together is the thickness of the fish sauce, which easily sticks to the leaves of the Brussels sprouts to form a spicy sweet coating that has a tantalizing caramel brown color. Although the Thai fish sauce is used to coat Brussels sprouts in this recipe, it would probably be just as delicious over other greens like cooked broccoli as well.
These Crispy Brussels Sprouts Are Infused with Spicy Flavor
1. Thai-inspired Sauces - The use of Thai-inspired sauces in vegetable recipes can turn ordinary vegetables into an exciting and spicy experience for consumers.
2. Creative Vegetable Recipes - The creation of unique and creative vegetable recipes can provide differentiation and appeal to health-conscious consumers.
3. Spicy Plant-based Foods - The growing demand for spicy plant-based foods presents an opportunity for food companies to expand their portfolio and cater to a wider audience.
1. Food Industry - Food companies can explore and create innovative and unique vegetable-based recipes to cater to health-conscious individuals looking for flavorful and spicy food options.
2. Spices and Seasonings Industry - The increase in demand for spicy plant-based food presents an opportunity for the spices and seasonings industry to create and market new products that cater to this growing niche.
3. Sustainable Agriculture Industry - The growing interest in plant-based diets and vegetable-based recipes can drive the sustainable agriculture industry to explore new and innovative ways to grow and harvest different varieties of vegetables.