Creative office spaces are becoming more than just places to work -- they are becoming inspiring spaces in their own right, often housing art and other collections. Take Cape Town-based ad agency Radar as an example. Radar's staff works from a renovated 19th century button factory that is now dedicated to creativity. Around and in amongst the employee's desks is an extensive collection of mid-century furniture and contemporary South African art.
The art collection spans three floors, each with a distinct theme. The first floor contains abstract work and portraits from Black Koki, Christo Basson, Zander Blom and Andresj Urbanski. The second floor contains more emotive works from artists including Khaya Witbooi , Wesley van Eeden and Cameron Platter, as well as a Boeta Phyff sculpture. The top floor presents artwork that uses text and typography as a visual language, with work from Neill Wright and a series of prints by AM I COLLECTIVE in collaboration with Warren Editions.
The aim behind all of this is to not only celebrate creativity, but also to inspire it. This is exemplified by an in-house exhibition space which allows the employees to showcase and exhibit their own art and creative work,
This Creative Office Space Double as Functional Workplaces
1. Creative Office Spaces - The trend of creative office spaces is disrupting traditional work environments, providing inspiring spaces that boost creativity and productivity.
2. Art in the Workplace - The integration of art in the workplace is a growing trend that enhances employee creativity and provides a visually stimulating environment.
3. Employee Art Exhibitions - The trend of in-house exhibition spaces allows employees to showcase their own art and creative work, fostering a sense of creativity and collaboration within the office.
1. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry can benefit from incorporating creative office spaces to foster innovation and spark new ideas.
2. Interior Design - The integration of art and design in office spaces presents an opportunity for the interior design industry to create inspiring and functional work environments.
3. Art Galleries - Art galleries can tap into the trend of employee art exhibitions by providing spaces for artists to showcase their work, fostering a connection between the art world and the business world.