Italian chain 'Olive Garden' is adding a cravable cookie butter cake to its dessert menu.
This tasty new dessert will consist of two luxurious layers of vanilla cake, crumbled cookies, creamy cookie butter icing and a drizzle of warm caramel sauce. This cravable cookie butter cake will launch at Olive Garden restaurants nation-wide on July 31st.
In recent years, cookie butter has grown to be quite popular with Millennial consumers. While a cookie butter equivalent has been popular in Scandinavian countries for some time, Trader Joe's in-house cookie butter popularized the sweet spread (so much so that it had to start rationing it). Since then, this Millennial favorite has inspired a bevvy of cookie butter treats. Cookie butter is made of ground-up Belgian speculoos cookies blended with sugar and oil into a smooth, creamy texture.
Olive Garden is Adding a Cookie Butter Cake to Its Dessert Menu
1. Cookie Butter Trend - The growing popularity of cookie butter among Millennials presents an opportunity for businesses to create innovative and indulgent desserts like the cookie butter cake.
2. Gourmet Dessert Offerings - The introduction of a cravable cookie butter cake by Olive Garden highlights the trend of restaurants and cafes offering gourmet dessert options to attract customers.
3. Sweet Spread Innovation - The success of cookie butter has led to the development of various cookie butter-inspired products, suggesting a market for further sweet spread innovations.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants, like Olive Garden, can explore innovative dessert options like the cookie butter cake to cater to the growing demand for indulgent and unique sweet treats.
2. Bakery Industry - Bakeries can tap into the cookie butter trend by offering a range of cookie butter-infused pastries, cakes, and treats to attract dessert enthusiasts.
3. Food Manufacturing Industry - Food manufacturers can capitalize on the popularity of cookie butter by developing new and innovative sweet spread products that cater to different consumer preferences and dietary needs.