Doritos brand corn chips had some kind of contest in Peru that had something to do with the best use of their corn chips. Bikini top and bikini bottom join guitar pick as the top three uses for Dorito brand corn chips.
I wish I would have known about the contest before it ended, I'm sure my Doritos brand corn chip crucifix would have been a hit just before Lent.
Implications - Companies can challenge consumers to come up with innovative ideas and concepts based off of their products. By doing this, the company creates a PR initiative that can continue in the future years to come as well as garner publicity.
Doritos Bikini Finalist for Best Use of Junk Food
1. Product-based Contests - Companies can generate buzz and innovative ideas by holding contests that challenge consumers to come up with unique uses for their products.
2. Food-based Fashion - There's a growing trend of creating fashion items out of food, providing opportunities for food and fashion companies to collaborate on product offerings.
3. Unconventional Materials - Designers and creatives are exploring alternative materials like junk food, offering opportunities for companies in the food industry to expand their market reach and explore new applications for their products.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies in the food and beverage industry can explore new markets for their products by collaborating with fashion and design industries.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion companies can expand their offerings and explore unique materials by collaborating with companies in the food industry.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising companies can create innovative campaigns that engage consumers and generate buzz for companies through product-based contests.