Designer Carlos Ortega created the Corkigami Chair, which combines cork material with a simple (yet modern) chair design. This comfortable chair has taken a traditionally flat material and folded it up (in an origami fashion) into a sleek looking seat.
Consumers might initially have doubts about whether or not cork makes for reliable furniture pieces, but as it turns out it's both strong and flexible, which makes it ideal for chairs. When friends take a load off in the Corkigami Chair, home owners can rest easy knowing that these stylish chairs won't buckle.
Though the legs of this chair are oak, and not cork, the color of the cork cushion matches the shade of the wooden chair legs. This seating solution is aesthetically pleasing and guaranteed to impress.
The Corkigami Chair Combines a Cork Material with a Chair Design
1. Cork Furniture Trend - Designing furniture pieces using cork, such as the Corkigami Chair, will be a growing trend in the furniture industry.
2. Origami-inspired Design Trend - Incorporating origami-inspired folding techniques in furniture design, such as the Corkigami Chair, will be a trend in the furniture industry.
3. Sustainable Furniture Trend - Using sustainable and eco-friendly materials, such as cork, in furniture design, such as the Corkigami Chair, will be a trend in the furniture industry.
1. Furniture Industry - The furniture industry can benefit from incorporating cork as a reliable and sustainable material into furniture designs, as seen with the Corkigami Chair.
2. Home Decor Industry - Home decor companies can benefit from offering customers eco-friendly and sustainable furniture pieces, such as the Corkigami Chair.
3. Sustainable Materials Industry - Companies in the sustainable materials industry can benefit from promoting cork as a versatile and environmentally friendly material for furniture design, as seen with the Corkigami Chair.