'G・U・M PLAY' is the name of a connected toothbrush that's been enhanced with gamified features in order to make oral care routines more fun.
With the G・U・M PLAY toothbrush attachment and the accompanying app, people of all ages are able to enhance their brushing experience with one of three apps. Over the course of three minutes, Mouth Band turns a toothbrush into a musical instrument, Mouth News plays audio news and Mouth Monster, which has kids fight real bacteria in their mouthes while battling virtual creatures on a mobile screen.
Gamification systems are now being applied to apps on everything from household chores to homework. As well as offering entertainment in the moment, these gamified systems help kids and adults to foster healthy long-term relationships with tasks that are often unenjoyable.
The 'G・U・M PLAY' Connected Toothbrush Improves Oral Care with Apps
1. Gamified Oral Care - Gamified features are being added to oral care routines to make them more fun and engaging.
2. Connected Toothbrushes - Toothbrushes are being enhanced with technology to connect them to apps and improve the user experience.
3. Interactive Health Devices - Devices that make use of gamification and interactivity are being developed to help promote healthy behaviors.
1. Oral Care - The oral care industry can benefit from developing or partnering with companies to produce gamified toothbrushes and app-connected oral care products.
2. Healthtech - The healthtech industry can incorporate gamification and interactivity into their products to encourage healthy behaviors, like oral care.
3. Education - Gamified systems like the Mouth Monster app that teach kids about oral care could be applied to other educational areas to make learning more engaging and interactive.