The Common Neglect Material (CNM) collection is a line of recycled furniture creations by Takuto Ohta that make use of an unlikely material for impressively stylish results. The collection consists of chairs crafted out of unused fishing containers, which have been fashioned into functional seating solutions that are decidedly industrial. Each of the chairs embraces its upcycled aesthetic to highlight rather than hide the material its made of.
The Common Neglect Material (CNM) collection is achieved by cutting, bending and forming the containers into the necessary position to achieve the seat-like design. What's created is an array of seating solutions that are durable enough to withstand regular use in outdoor areas and perfect for placement in industrial settings where chairs are required.
The Common Neglect Material Collection by Takuto Ohta is Recycled
1. Recycled Furniture - Opportunities for creating stylish furniture pieces using unconventional recyclable materials like fishing containers.
2. Upcycling - Opportunities for incorporating creatively upcycled and sustainable materials into mainstream furniture design
3. Industrial Furniture - Opportunities for creating functional seating solutions that are durable and appropriate for use in outdoor and industrial settings
1. Furniture - Opportunities for furniture designers to explore unconventional materials and create sustainable and eco-friendly furniture designs
2. Industrial Design - Opportunities for industrial designers to incorporate sustainability into their designs through the use of upcycled materials.
3. Outdoor and Recreational Equipment - Opportunities for creating durable and sustainable seating solutions for outdoor and industrial areas.