Instagram recently announced Commerce Eligibility Requirements for Instagram Shopping that will increase the number of businesses and creators that can sell items on the platform. The new commerce Eligibility Requirements will take effect beginning on July 9th and will be active in all regions where Instagram Shopping operates. However, the platform did not indicate how many followers an account will have to have before it can be eligible to sell products. Increasing the number of people that can sell products on the platform will drive more sales through Instagram.
The new Commerce Eligibility Requirements follow the direction of the platform, as it has been attempting to increase shopping opportunities for users. In 2016 the platform launched shopping tags and following that it created shopping capabilities through stories.
Image Credi: Shutterstock
Instagram Made New Commerce Eligibility Requirements for Creators
1. Increased Commerce Eligibility - The new Commerce Eligibility Requirements on Instagram will expand the number of businesses and creators able to sell products, offering a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to reach a wider audience.
2. Enhanced Shopping Opportunities - Instagram's efforts to increase shopping capabilities, such as shopping tags and shopping through stories, present a disruptive innovation opportunity for brands to engage with users and drive more sales.
3. Expanding Sales on Instagram - By allowing more people to sell products on Instagram, the platform opens up new revenue streams and disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses to leverage the platform as a sales channel.
1. E-commerce - The increased eligibility for commerce on Instagram presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for e-commerce companies to expand their reach and drive sales through the platform.
2. Digital Marketing - The enhanced shopping opportunities on Instagram offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for digital marketing agencies to develop strategies that leverage the platform's shopping features and drive results for their clients.
3. Social Media Advertising - As Instagram expands sales opportunities, it creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for social media advertising agencies to help businesses optimize their advertising campaigns and reach a larger target audience.