Seattle-based writer Ijeoma Oluo is on a mission to combat misogyny and racism through her new coloring book for adults. Oluo began the project after she started sketching some of her favorite feminist writers and speakers. She began sharing her 'Badass Feminist Coloring Book' with others and realized it could be a powerful tool for empowering women.
The clever coloring book is filled with drawings, quotes and mantras from a number of inspirational feminists. Rather than featuring a small subsection of feminist writers, Oluo tried to include activists from all walks of life. As Oluo explains, "The beauty of real feminists doing their bit every day to make a more just society comes in all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, gender identities and sexualities." By including a broad spectrum of feminists, Oluo wants the book to help inspire others to combat misogyny and racism.
This Clever Activity Book Helps to Combat Misogyny and Racism
1. Feminist Coloring Books - Creating customized coloring books for different social causes can be a fun medium to raise awareness and educate people.
2. Inclusive Representation in Activism - Including diversity and representation of cultures, genders, and identities when creating activist materials can help reach a wider audience and empower marginalized communities.
3. Empowering Women Through Creative Mediums - Exploring artistic and creative outlets to promote gender equality and encourage women to speak up on issues that affect them can be a powerful tool for social change.
1. Publishing - Publishing companies can tap into the growing demand for inclusive and socially conscious content by producing a wide range of customizable coloring books for different causes.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Non-profits can leverage creative mediums such as coloring books to fundraise, raise awareness, and promote social causes that align with their mission.
3. Art and Craft Supplies - Art and craft supply companies can market their products to socially conscious consumers interested in using creative mediums to promote social justice and activism.