Get creative this year and treat yourself to this new colorful ceramic tableware collection, which unlike most ceramic pieces, they keep their seams for everyone to see.
Designed by London designer Benjamin Hubert for Italian manufacturer Bitossi Ceramiche, the colorful ceramic tableware collection actually celebrates what ceramic makers try to cover up. The funky range of molded ceramic tableware is unique because it has raw seam details as part of its design. The seam details are usually created in the casting process for ceramic and pottery—most designs will have the seams trimmed off before going to market.
However, the ‘Seams’ collections uses them; the range includes centerpieces like jars and bottles.
“The studio began the project with a study into the slip casting process to establish how it could be utilized to introduce decorative elements to the product without a secondary decorating process,” says Hubert.
This Colorful Ceramic Tableware Collection is Raw and Vibrant
1. Raw Seam Details - This trend embraces the raw seam details in ceramic tableware design, celebrating imperfections and uniqueness.
2. Colorful Ceramic Collections - This trend focuses on vibrant and bold ceramic tableware collections that add a pop of color to any dining experience.
3. Slip Casting Innovation - This trend explores the use of slip casting process in introducing decorative elements to ceramic products without the need for secondary decorating processes.
1. Home Decor - This industry can leverage the trend of raw seam details to offer unique and artistic ceramic tableware designs for interior decoration.
2. Kitchenware - This industry can tap into the trend of colorful ceramic collections to provide visually appealing and attractive tableware options for home kitchens and restaurants.
3. Ceramics Manufacturing - This industry can innovate in slip casting techniques to enable the creation of intricately designed and decorative ceramic products with efficiency and cost-effectiveness.