Alongside a new set of “sumaho” (smartphone) vending machines, Coca-Cola launched the 'Coke ON' campaign and app in order to show its fans how to make the most of these dispensers.
With the Coke ON app, users are able to begin virtually collecting stamps with each vending machine visit. Once 15 stamps have been collected, a user is able to redeem their drink tickets through the app and the smart vending machine will give out a free beverage of the user's choosing. Those who get a head start on the stamp-collecting adventure have the chance to instantly collect five stamps.
Coca-Cola hopes to roll out more smartphone vending machines and see downloads from more than two million users by the end of the year. Considering the popularity of vending machines in Asia, this likely won't be a challenge.
'Coke ON' Challenges Fans to Collect Stamps for Free Drinks
1. Smartphone Vending Machines - The rise of smartphone vending machines presents an opportunity for companies to leverage mobile technology and gamification for consumer engagement.
2. Virtual Stamp Collecting - The concept of virtual stamp collecting through mobile apps can revolutionize loyalty programs and encourage repeat purchases.
3. Smart Vending Machine Technology - The integration of smart technology in vending machines opens up new possibilities for personalized experiences and targeted marketing campaigns.
1. Beverage Industry - Beverage companies can explore gamified loyalty programs and mobile app integration to enhance customer engagement and loyalty.
2. Technology Industry - The development and implementation of innovative smart vending machine technology can provide new business opportunities for technology companies.
3. Marketing Industry - Marketers can leverage virtual stamp collecting and mobile app campaigns to create unique and interactive brand experiences for consumers.