Dinosaurs may be a thing of the past, but CogniToys has definitely made them relevant again with the launch of its smart dinosaur toy. Introduced as a project on Kickstarter, the toy has already more than doubled its initial funding goal and it's not hard to see why. Finding a gap in the educational toy market, CogniToys are Internet-connected, personalized, smart and speech-enabled. By pressing the stomach of the smart dinosaur toy, kids are able to speak to the toy and get responses, rather than partaking in a one-sided conversation. The toys will also begin to pick up on a child's favorite colors, interests and toys in order to engage with them better over time. The intelligence of this toy comes from IBM Watson, IBM's most powerful cognitive supercomputer.
Another neat feature that parents can appreciate is the ability to monitor a child's development through a Parent Panel on the web.
CogniToys Makes Smart Interactions Powered by IBM Technology
1. Internet-connected Toys - The CogniToys smart dinosaur toy showcases the trend of Internet-connected toys, opening opportunities for more personalized and interactive play experiences.
2. Speech-enabled Toys - CogniToys' smart dinosaur toy demonstrates the trend of speech-enabled toys, allowing children to have interactive conversations and receive responses from their toys.
3. Cognitive Supercomputers in Toys - The integration of IBM Watson technology into CogniToys highlights the trend of utilizing cognitive supercomputers in smart toys, presenting opportunities for advanced learning and interaction.
1. Edtech - The CogniToys smart dinosaur toy disrupts the educational toy market by incorporating internet connectivity and speech-enabled features, driving innovation in the EdTech sector.
2. Toy Manufacturing - CogniToys' smart dinosaur toy presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the toy manufacturing industry, with its integration of cognitive technology and personalized interactions.
3. Data Analytics - The CogniToys project introduces potential disruptive innovation opportunities in the data analytics industry, as it enables the analysis of children's preferences and responses through their interaction with the smart toy.