The 'Cocoon' lounge chair is a piece of decor for the home that merges a number of different aesthetics from multiple different periods for a seat that can be easily integrated into any space.
The chair is the design work of Kevin Hviid and Martin Kechayas, and offers a semi-private place to relax and unwind either indoors or out, depending on preference. The perforated design of the shell allows light and air to easily pass through, while also obscuring vision from onlookers to let you relax in peace.
The 'Cocoon' lounge chair comes in a variety of color choices ranging from vibrant to muted and has a somewhat Bohemian feel that is ideal for modern homes or offices.
Image Credit: Chris Calmer
The 'Cocoon' Lounge Chair Offers a Semi-Private Place to Relax
1. Multi-period Aesthetic Fusion - There is an opportunity to disrupt the furniture industry by combining aesthetics from different time periods, like the 'Cocoon' lounge chair does.
2. Semi-private Seating - The success of the 'Cocoon' lounge chair shows that there is potential for innovating in furniture that offers semi-private spaces for relaxing or working.
3. Perforated Design - The use of perforated materials in furniture design presents opportunities for innovation in creating pieces that balance airflow and privacy.
1. Home Decor - There is a growing trend in home decor for furniture pieces that seamlessly blend aesthetics, like the 'Cocoon' lounge chair.
2. Office Design - As more people return to the office, the need for versatile, semi-private seating solutions like the 'Cocoon' lounge chair will become increasingly important.
3. Outdoor Furniture - Innovation in outdoor furniture design can be inspired by the perforated shell of the 'Cocoon' lounge chair, which balances light and airflow with privacy.