According to a recent report, most people who commit to a fitness resolution don't continue the habit past mid-February with an overall failure rate of 80%. To fight the "February fall off," CITY SHRED is launching an epic group-training experience that will challenge participating to push past their limits while working as a team. By participating in a group fitness activity, individuals feel more motivated and accountable and "results showed 95% of those who started a health, fitness or weight-loss program with friends completed the program, compared to those who did it alone."
The CITY SHRED event not only brings friends together but also features Professional CFL Strength Coach Shea Pierre and 2x CFL Grey Cup Champion Chad Owens along with top coaches and trainers to launch the Winter Edition on Sunday, February 16th at Lamport Stadium. The event will host over 400 participants to complete the ultimate two-hour HIIT workout that starts with a 10-minute burpee partner challenge for a chance to win over $2,000 in prizes. Additionally, participants can visit a variety of health, wellness, and fitness vendors and displays after the workout.
Attendees can get their tickets online and every participant will receive a $35 swag bag filled with over $50 worth of health, wellness, and fitness products plus a branded CITY SHRED t-shirt.
Image Credit: CITY SHRED
The CITY SHRED Event Combats the 'February Fall Off"
1. Group Fitness Motivation - The rise of group fitness activities encourages people to be accountable and motivated, offering an opportunity to develop apps that will connect fitness enthusiasts.
2. Challenging Fitness Events - Hosting fitness events that challenge participants to surpass their limits offers new opportunities for fitness equipment and gear companies.
3. Fitness Social Networking - Creating social networking platforms tailor-made for fitness enthusiasts that enable people to build communities, track progress, and create personalized workout programs would be a disruptive innovation opportunity.
1. Fitness Equipment Manufacturers - Designing and producing equipment suitable for group fitness activities and events that challenge participants with innovative features allows companies to stay on top of the competition.
2. Health and Wellness Applications - Developing wellness apps with gamification features that create social fitness challenges and host virtual events encourages teamwork and accountability.
3. Fitness Apparel Manufacturers - Designing and manufacturing apparel made for group participation that enhances performance, mobility, and comfort encourages people to stay fit as well as boost engagement in their activities.