International design company UNStudio won a competition to create a new cinema in Paris that will also feature a large cultural center. The structure will have a modern design, made of weathering steel walls, green roofs and other recycled materials.
The cinema will have both indoor and outdoor screens, with green sloping rooftop terraces offering views over Paris. The outdoor screens will be home to cafes and restaurants and seating on either the greenery or up closer in theater seats. Made up of three large boxes, this new building will be organised into different clusters all with a similar theme. The cultural center will offer people everything needed to create their own films, making this dual purpose cinema in Paris one-of-a-kind.
Image Credit: UNStudio, Dezeen
UNStudio Won a Competition to Design a New Cinema in Paris
1. Dual-purpose Cinemas - Dual-purpose cinemas that offer more than just movie screening experiences.
2. Sustainable Architecture - Sustainable design practices in the architectural landscape of cinema buildings.
3. Cultural Centers - Increasing number of cinema buildings that come with integrated cultural centers.
1. Movie Theater Industry - Movie theaters that focus on creating unique experiences and value-added services for patrons.
2. Architecture and Real Estate Industry - Design and construction companies specializing in sustainable architecture solutions for cinema buildings.
3. Arts and Culture Industry - Growing demand for cinema buildings that offer cultural centers and facilities for film-making enthusiasts.