Dutch industrial designer Christien Meindertsma's 'Oak Inside' series features a variety of traditionally inspired furniture pieces that take cues from the past. The distinctive furniture collection showcased for Design Miami puts emphasis on a classic Dutch design aesthetic.
The designer's collaboration with furniture manufacturer Thomas Eyck and heritage craftmen at Roosje Hindeloopen results in a quality collection of oak-made pieces that posses tremendous detail and stunning ornamentation. Meindertsma looks to traditional Dutch crafts and pays homage to her heritage.
This furniture series combines intricate woodworking techniques along with complex iron treatments that gives wooden surfaces a blue hue that resembles ink. The series features a variety of pieces including boldly colored traditional chairs, stepping stools, ornate tables, detail-adorned cabinetry and more. The heritage-collection combines modern simplicity along with nostalgic details from the past.
The Christien Meindertsma 'Oak Inside' Series is a Blast from the Past
1. Heritage Furniture Design - The 'Oak Inside' series showcases the value of incorporating traditional design techniques to create unique, ornate furniture pieces.
2. Nostalgic Design Aesthetic - Designs that combine modern simplicity with nostalgic details from the past are becoming increasingly popular in the furniture industry.
3. Emphasis on Craftsmanship - There is a growing demand for furniture that showcases superb craftsmanship and attention to detail, as seen in Meindertsma's collaboration with heritage craftsmen at Roosje Hindeloopen.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can innovate by incorporating traditional techniques and ornate designs to compete in the upscale furniture market.
2. Craftsmanship Industries - Heritage craftsmen industries can leverage their skills to collaborate with furniture designers to produce unique, high-end furniture pieces that appeal to a nostalgia-loving consumer base.
3. Home Decor Retail - Home decor retailers can benefit from introducing heritage furniture pieces into their product offerings to appeal to consumers' appreciation for quality and attention to detail.