Street artist Jeff Soto teamed up with Chevrolet to bring about the 'Chevy Street Artist Car.' This is the world's first car that can actually spray paint murals. When Soto first heard about the idea for the project he immediately thought it was impossible because he didn't think a robot could do what a human does. He soon came to find that it could do what a human can do, and that much more.
In the video, Soto drives the car past a wall as the robotic arm begins to spray a light blue layer. He then begins firing paint capsules from a cannon to create a colorful base to start the detailed work on. Then, the trunk opens to reveal another robotic arm that can draw with extreme precision, which a human would be incapable of doing. With Soto and the robot working together, the final result is an eye-melting mural packed with detail and creativity.
The 'Chevy Street Artist Car' Creates Beautiful Murals
1. Robotic Graffiti Art - Opportunity to disrupt the art world by using robots to create intricate and detailed murals.
2. Collaborative Human-robot Artistry - Opportunity to explore the creative potential of combining human and robotic skills in artistic endeavors.
3. New Possibilities in Automotive Design - Opportunity to revolutionize car customization by integrating robotic technology for spray painting and drawing on vehicles.
1. Street Art - The street art industry can explore the use of robotic technology to create unique and dynamic murals.
2. Automotive - Automotive manufacturers and designers can leverage robotic capabilities to offer customized and artistic car designs.
3. Technology - The technology industry can develop and improve robotic systems for creative applications, like painting and drawing.