Tonight I am attending the release party for the new Chevrolet Camaro Convertible, anticipated for 2009 production. The publicity embargo for the car has just been lifted, so you're among the first to see the detailed specs and some breaking photos of the car. For background, the Camaro concept was the star attraction of last year's auto show, and fans have been eagerly awaiting the rollout design.
The aggressively styled Camaro rolls on massive 21 and 22 inch wheels, just large enough to make you feel like a gangster.
Here are some details from Chrystler:
The Camaro convertible concept embodies strong heritage while appealing to a new generation of customers who seek a distinctive statement in a new car.
Chevrolet already has announced production plans for the Camaro, which will go on sale in 2009. A production convertible model will be added later that year.
- Anticipated production in 2009
- Based on the original Camaro Concept
- V-8 engine
- Manual transmission
- Four-wheel independent suspension system
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Light-and-dark color scheme
- Seat fronts featuring platinum-tone leather surrounding suede-like Alcantara® inserts, with black, sculpted seatbacks
- Heritage Camaro Inspired instrument panel
- Deep-dish three-spoke steering wheel
- Separate ignition button
- The Camaro convertible concept is wrapped in Hugger Orange pearl tri-coat paint with twin gunmetal gray sport stripes
- Tonneau cover over the folded top
- â€œHaloâ€ headlamps
- LED taillamps
- Rear spoiler with LED-lit CHMSL
- Racing-inspired fuel filler door
- Front-inlet hood scoop, inspired by the Corvette Z06
- Heritage-inspired rear fender â€œgillsâ€
- Anodized aluminum door handles
- Bold 21-inch (front) and 22-inch (rear) wheels, with accent color
More Stats +/-
Customizable LED Clutches
Wearable Electronic Image Badges
LED Lantern Shower Heads
Deodorizing Coat Hangers