Designer Maarten De Ceulaer is no stranger to creating travel-themed furniture as he has worked with vintage suitcases and travelling wardrobes frequently, but De Ceulaer's latest design called the Chest of Suitcases sees this artist stacking together what might be his most versatile piece of artwork yet.
Made in collaboration with Belgian leather artisan Ralph Baggaley, the Chest of Suitcases is a collection of neat suitcases made out of Baggaley's precious leathers, which are stacked to form an asymmetric dresser-style furniture structure.
The Chest of Suitcases comes in a variety of brightly lit colors, but De Ceulaer says that although seemingly playful in design, this piece of furniture is meant to "evoke luxurious and sophisticated atmospheres."
Maarten De Ceulaer's Chest of Suitcases is Travel Ready Home Furniture
1. Travel-themed Home Decor - Designers are creating furniture inspired by vintage suitcases and traveling wardrobes, allowing for travel vibes at home.
2. Collaborative Artisanal Designs - Artisans are teaming up with designers to produce unique, high-quality collections.
3. Asymmetric Furniture Structures - Artists are experimenting with unconventional arrangements to create visually intriguing furniture designs.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can explore unconventional designs, such as asymmetric structures, to create unique pieces.
2. Artisanal Leatherwork - Leather artisans can collaborate with designers to create new and aesthetically pleasing furniture designs.
3. Home Decor - Companies in the home decor industry can tap into the trend of travel-themed furnishings to offer unique and playful designs.