This charity marketing stunt from Prince's Trust takes place on LinkedIn, increasing awareness of its mission to support youth who are struggling with school and unemployment. On LinkedIn, the campaign introduces Lois Amanda Clarke, a woman with the professional title of "Homeless." Lois is a representation of thousands of real youths in the UK, who often miss out on employment opportunities because of their troubled pasts and judgement placed upon them by others.
Supported by a TV ad that's also shared on the LinkedIn page, the 'Learn The Hard Way' message is reiterated by showing how troubled youths have had to motivate themselves, work under pressure and deal with conflict. The profile for Lois also has skills that can be endorsed to support the message.
This Charity Marketing Stunt Involves a Mock Profile on LinkedIn
1. Youth Empowerment - The trend of promoting awareness and support for young people who lack opportunities, often due to stigmas around their backgrounds and experiences, presents an opportunity for businesses to invest in and engage with charitable causes and initiatives in this area.
2. Marketing Stunts for Social Good - A trend of creating attention-grabbing marketing stunts that raise awareness for charitable causes presents an opportunity for companies with the resources and creativity to create unique and impactful initiatives that resonate with audiences.
3. Diversifying Professional Networks - A trend of highlighting and promoting underrepresented individuals and groups in professional networks presents an opportunity for businesses to take proactive steps towards promoting diversity and inclusivity in their recruitment and networking practices.
1. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can leverage this trend by working with charities and non-profit organizations to develop creative and effective campaigns that raise awareness for important causes while also improving the industry's social impact.
2. Education - The education industry can support this trend by partnering with organizations that support underprivileged youth and creating initiatives that provide opportunities for these individuals to gain skills and access resources to succeed academically and professionally.
3. Human Resources and Recruitment - The human resources and recruitment industry can contribute to this trend by promoting inclusive hiring practices, partnering with organizations that support diverse candidates, and leveraging technology to facilitate networking and mentorship opportunities for underrepresented groups.