EVgo and Electrify America have entered into a charging partnership, where customers can now access charging stations using only a single account. Now customers with an account from either company can access either charging stations without incurring extra costs. The charging partnership encompasses 3,000 DC fast chargers at over 1,000 charging stations located in the United States.
Combining charging infrastructure will provide much more convenience for drivers of electric vehicles. One of the biggest impasses in the widespread adoption of EVs has been charging access and restricted ranges. However, partnerships like this one are able to combat both issues, by offering more access to charging stations which allow drivers to go further by charging on the go.
The two companies have also made similar agreements with ChargePoint as well as other companies.
Image Credit: EVgo
EVgo and Electrify America Have Entered into a Charging Partnership
1. Unified EV Charging Accounts - Combining electric vehicle charging accounts across different companies allows seamless charging access and convenience for drivers.
2. EV Charging Infrastructure Partnerships - Partnerships between EV charging infrastructure companies bring together resources, expand charging networks, and ultimately benefit EV adoption rates.
3. Improving EV Driving Range - Increased access to charging stations through partnerships makes it easier and more feasible for drivers to take longer trips in their EVs.
1. Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure - Companies in the EV charging infrastructure industry can partner with other companies to expand their networks and reach a wider customer base.
2. Electric Vehicle Manufacturers - As more charging stations become available and convenient, electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers have the opportunity to increase their market share by promoting the benefits of hassle-free and long-distance travel.
3. Renewable Energy Companies - Partnerships and advancements in EV charging infrastructure provide an opportunity for renewable energy companies to leverage the growth of the EV market and promote sustainable transportation.