The Caterpillar Bench would make the perfect seating arrangement for an epic Halloween party, especially if the host or hostess is going for a sci-fi alien theme. And if it paired with the matching spinal-like staircase. Made out of cast polished aluminium, the Caterpillar Bench might be inspired by an insect, but it certainly looks more like an alien species.
Designed by British designer Philip Watts, the Caterpillar Bench sits three. Unlike traditional benches in which the surface remains unbroken, the Caterpillar Bench boasts three separate seats joined by the creepy crawly base. Although sold in threes, the bench is modular, allowing people to expand as they please. It debuted at the 100% Design show.
The Caterpillar Bench by Philip Watts Has an Alienesque Aesthetic
1. Sci-fi Furniture - Designers can create furniture with an alien, sci-fi aesthetic, which can be used for themed events or to create unique indoor and outdoor spaces.
2. Insect-inspired Seating - Designers can create unique seating arrangements that take inspiration from insects, such as the Caterpillar Bench, which can add an interesting touch to public spaces, parks and residential areas.
3. Modular Benches - Modular benches can be designed and manufactured using innovative materials and shapes to create unique and customizable seating solutions for public spaces, commercial areas, and homes.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers have an opportunity to create new and innovative designs that cater to customers looking for unique and unusual furniture pieces that add character and style to their homes, businesses or events.
2. Public Space Design - Architects and landscape designers can incorporate insect-inspired seating and modular benches into urban design projects, transforming public spaces such as parks, squares, and streetscapes into imaginative environments.
3. Events Industry - Event planners can use sci-fi inspired furniture to create immersive experiences and help brands to stand out at trade shows, product launches, and marketing events, attracting attendees and creating lasting impressions.