As the brainchild of a mother-son team, Bold City Brewing opened its doors in fall 2008.
To help build the brand, the Robin Shepherd group was hired to build the brewery identity from the ground up while still incorporating key components of the brewery history.
For example, the Jacksonville skyline graces the ‘Big City Brew’ label, the brew hound is on another label, killer whale was the brewmaster’s childhood nickname, and the manatee stems from an incident at the St. Johns River.
Bold City Brewery Uses Old-School Style Prints on Labels
1. Retro Packaging - Opportunity to capitalize on the nostalgia trend by using old-school style prints and designs on product packaging.
2. Branding with Local Identity - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create a strong brand identity by incorporating local landmarks or references into product labels.
3. Personalized Storytelling - The use of labels with personal stories or anecdotes opens up opportunities for brands to connect with consumers on a more personal level.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can leverage retro packaging to differentiate their products and attract consumers seeking unique and nostalgic experiences.
2. Graphic Design - Design agencies can specialize in creating retro-style prints and labels for businesses looking to evoke a sense of nostalgia and authenticity in their branding.
3. Tourism and Souvenir Merchandise - By incorporating local landmarks or references into product designs, tourism and souvenir businesses can create unique and meaningful merchandise that appeals to visitors.