Virtually any cardboard clothing box can be transformed into a toy with a little ingenuity but Petit Pli's origami-inspired box makes it easy on kids and adults alike. As a brand that specializes in creating innovative garments for kids with a focus on waste reduction, Petit Pli created a simple shipping box that can be transformed into a wearable jetpack for children. This object is not just an imaginative plaything for kids but also a reference to the aerospace engineering techniques used by the brand in its designs.
The clever cardboard box design reduces the packaging cost per unit by more than 80%, thanks to the fact that it integrates pleated tissue paper created from a by-product and a string fastener that can be reused to make the jetpack wearable.
Petit Pli's Cardboard Clothing Boxes Transform into Jetpacks
1. Sustainable Packaging - Creating wearable packaging solutions that reduce waste and provide added value to consumers.
2. Circular Economy - Designing products and packaging that can be repurposed and reused to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
3. Innovative Shipping - Developing new shipping methods that reduce costs and provide added value to consumers through creative product packaging.
1. Fashion - Creating innovative garment packaging solutions that integrate design with sustainability, improving the customer experience while reducing waste.
2. Toy Manufacturing - Developing creative packaging solutions that double as toys, enhancing the product experience while also reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
3. Aerospace Engineering - Exploring how design innovations used in aerospace engineering can be applied to other industries, such as clothing and packaging, creating new opportunities for innovation and cost reduction.