Fudgie the Whale is a signature ice cream cake that was initially developed by Carvel in the 1970s and the treat remains a favorite to this day—and this year, Carvel is giving Fudgie the Whale fans a new way to enjoy its flavors in the form of a limited-edition cake-inspired beer.
In collaboration with the Captain Lawrence Brewing Company, Carvel created 'Fudgie the Beer,' which takes the form of a 6% ABV stout brewed with both Carvel Signature Crunchies and Fudge. In terms of the taste of the new beer product, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company founder and brewmaster Scott Vaccaro describes it as "a touch roasty, with sweet chocolate undertones and aroma of chocolate, fudge and hops."
Less than 100 cases of Fudgie the Beer will be released exclusively through Captain Lawrence Brewing Company's Beer Hall leading up to Father's Day. On the holiday, the brewery then plans to start serving Fudgie the Beer stout milkshakes.
Carvel and a Brewing Company Created a Beer Based on Fudgie the Whale
1. Ice Cream-inspired Beers - Breweries partnering with ice cream and dessert companies to create unique, limited-edition beer flavors based on their signature desserts.
2. Limited-release Beers - Exclusively released beers with unique flavor profiles made in limited quantities to create demand and interest.
3. Beer and Dessert Pairings - Restaurants, breweries, and dessert shops offering beer and dessert pairings to elevate the overall dining experience.
1. Craft Beer Industry - Opportunities for breweries to partner with popular dessert brands to create unique, limited-release beers that attract new and existing customers and drive sales.
2. Bar and Restaurant Industry - Opportunities for bars and restaurants to offer creative beer and dessert pairings to offer customers a unique experience and set themselves apart from competitors.
3. Ice Cream and Dessert Industry - Opportunities for ice cream and dessert brands to expand into the beverage industry by partnering with craft breweries to create limited-release beer flavors based on their signature treats.