Hype has begun for the new Budweiser Superbowl commercial meant to promote its latest beer called Black Crown. As part of the campaign, the beer promises to be more flavorful, which is something the original Budweiser is not known for. It hopes to reach a new market of beer drinkers in the craft beer category. Market share in the craft beer category is on the rise and with its latest craft-inspired beer, Budweiser wants to be a bigger player.
The teaser ad is very self-deprecating in saying, "Taste is making an entrance." This would suggest that Budweiser is aware of its tasteless brew and have plans to make it bolder. This teaser, along with the anticipated Budweiser Superbowl commercial is bound to strike curiosity in even the biggest Bud bashers. At very least it is self-aware and trying to differentiate itself from blandness.
The Hype Begins for the Budweiser Black Crown Superbowl Commercial
1. Craft-inspired Beers - Opportunity for breweries to create flavorful beer options to cater to the growing market demand for craft beers.
2. Self-deprecating Advertising - Potential for brands to use humor and self-awareness in their ads to stand out and create curiosity among consumers.
3. Market Share in Craft Beer Category - Chance for beer companies to gain a larger share of the growing craft beer market by introducing new and flavorful beer options.
1. Breweries - Breweries can tap into the trend of craft-inspired beers and create unique and bold flavors in their offerings.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Advertising agencies can work with brands to develop self-deprecating ads that stand out and create buzz among consumers.
3. Beer Industry - Beer companies can capitalize on the rising market share of craft beers by introducing craft-inspired beer options and targeting the craft beer audience.