Yinka Ilori is well known for their ultra-colorful approach to design that embraces a whimsical aesthetic, and the designer worked alongside British architect Sam Jacob to transform a standard industrial-style interior into a bright workspace.
A flexible and multi-functional environment was a priority for both designers. The industrial space is divided into three distinct sections, all of which feature the bright pastel colors and the playful lines that Yinka Ilori is known for. Each of these zones has its own purpose. One, for example, will be used as an office. Another will be harnessed as an exhibition area and the third will feature an archive with a kitchen. The three sections are divided by curtains and sliding doors, which enable a degree of flexibility in the bright workspace.
Image Credit: Lewis Khan
Yinka Ilori Collaborates with Sam Jacob on a Bright Workspace
1. Whimsical Design - The trend of incorporating playful and colorful design elements in workspaces is on the rise, creating opportunities for furniture and decor companies to offer unique and creative pieces.
2. Flexible Workspaces - Companies are looking for flexible and multi-functional workspaces, creating opportunities for architects and designers to create customizable and adaptable designs.
3. Industrial Style - The industrial-style interior design trend is still relevant, and can be enhanced by adding colorful and playful accents for a unique twist, providing opportunities for architects and interior designers.
1. Furniture - Companies specializing in furniture can take advantage of the whimsical design trend by offering unique and colorful pieces that can enhance any workspace.
2. Architecture - Architects can offer customizable and adaptable designs that meet the growing demand for flexible workspaces.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can capitalize on the industrial-style trend by incorporating playful and colorful accents to create unique and eye-catching spaces.