Bright Neighbor is the first sharing economy enabling mobile app that enables renting, commerce, lending, and bartering in Portland, Oregon.
The first peer-to-peer bartering app, Bright Neighbor is a graduate of the Portland State University Social Innovation Incubator Circuit Program, and operates on an innovate sharing economy model that sees each member earn 2% of the stuff rented out by members they recruit.
The unique app allows members to rent or lend out items while protecting them with a deposit from the borrower, while also enabling members to sell items and services, for which one receives electronic payments. The bartering of items and services through the app is free of charge.
Bright Neighbor website
Bright Neighbor on Facebook
Bright Neighbor on Twitter
Bright Neighbor is the First Sharing Economy Mobile Platform
1. Peer-to-peer Bartering Apps - There is an opportunity to create more bartering apps in other cities and offer members incentives to recruit other members.
2. Sharing Economy Mobile Platforms - There is an opportunity to expand on the sharing economy model by creating additional mobile platforms that enable renting, commerce, lending, and bartering.
3. Electronic Payment Services - There is an opportunity to create electronic payment services that cater specifically to lending, bartering, and selling items and services through mobile apps.
1. Mobile App Development - There is an opportunity for mobile app developers to create similar apps for other cities, as well as offer improvements and expanded functionality to existing apps like Bright Neighbor.
2. Fintech - There is an opportunity for fintech companies to create electronic payment services specifically tailored towards lending, bartering, and selling items and services.
3. Sharing Economy - There is an opportunity for businesses to invest more in the sharing economy and explore the potential of peer-to-peer bartering and community-building through mobile apps.