Knowing that many people struggle with seasonal depression during the cold, dark winter months, Swedish beer brand Norrlands Ljus created a bright beer cooler that shares light from the year's summer solstice. The limited-edition cooler was created for the shortest day of the year, December 21st, a day where people in some parts of Sweden experienced a total 24 hours in darkness.
When the cooler is opened, it reveals a shining light temperature of 6,000 kelvin, which matches the daylight on a blue sky summer’s day.
As well as creating a solution for seasonal depression, the brand saw the opportunity to brighten the days of people impacted by stay-at-home orders. The sunshine-inspired cooler itself is a symbol for brighter days ahead in 2021.
Image Credit: Norrlands Ljus
Norrlands Ljus Created a Bright Beer Cooler to Fight Seasonal Depression
1. Seasonal Depression Solutions - Creating products or experiences that address the mental health challenges of seasonal depression during winter months.
2. Stay-at-home Brightness - Developing innovations that bring light and positivity to people's homes during periods of isolation or limited mobility.
3. Symbolic Branding - Using limited-edition products as symbols of hope and optimism for the future.
1. Mental Health and Wellness - Incorporating technology or design elements into mental health products to combat seasonal depression.
2. Home Lighting and Decor - Creating innovative lighting solutions that mimic natural daylight and enhance the atmosphere of indoor spaces.
3. Branding and Marketing - Leveraging limited-edition products and symbolic branding strategies to connect with consumers on an emotional level.